A deep knowledge of HoudiniFX software is required in the specifics of: dynamics realization, fluids, particles, FX, Script and Python.
Experience, artistic skills, teamwork and time management skills are required.
- Will be responsible for creating particle simulations and dynamic simulations to recreate natural or completely fictional phenomena.
- Under the direction of a visual fx supervisor he/she will be able to meet the production needs, with a positive attitude and creative flair.
- Will work in an artist oriented and friendly environment.
- Must show an exceptional artistic eye, and have great technical skills.
- Problem solving and strong communication skills are key.
- Being able to realistically assess time needed for a given task is key.
- Must be a team player and enjoy mentoring junior level talent.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and open to work flexible hours.
- 3+ Years in vfx production.
- Develop technical and aesthetic approaches to define the visual design of each shot.
- Strong experience with Houdini.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine Particle System.
- Knowledge of Maya Fluids, Realflow or Fume Fx and Krakatoa a plus.
- Good Linux Skills.
- Python scripting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Graphic Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.