We are a looking for an experienced lighting td, with a particular focus on realtime engines such as Unreal, for an exciting virtual reality project.
Duration of the project is estimated in 12 weeks and is scheduled to run from August to November.
Will be leading the development effort of both shaders and master lighting setups.
Will be in charge of developing physical based shaders and optimisation within UE4.
Develop technical and aesthetic approaches to define the lighting design of each scene in accordance with the visual targets set by the art dept.
Deep knowledge of both real-time and pre-rendered lighting approaches (dynamic, baked, HDR lighting ) is key.
Will contribute to the development of lighting and volumetric effects such as god rays, glows, flares.
Will setup post processing generics such as colour correction, exposure, bloom.
Under the direction of a project supervisor he/she will be able to meet the production needs, with a positive attitude and creative flair.
Must show an exceptional artistic eye to create dramatic and unique lighting setups and have great technical skills.
Problem solving and strong communication skills are key.
Being able to realistically assess time needed for a given task is key.
Must be a team player and enjoy mentoring junior level talent.
Will work in an artist oriented and friendly environment.
Must be able to work well under pressure and open to work flexible hours.
• 4+ Years in vfx production, game development, or architectural visualisation.
• Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine lighting and shader systems.
• Good experience with Maya, Houdini, or Max with a solid understanding of lighting, shading networks, and texturing.
• Good knowledge of basic theory of light propagation and light-material interaction a plus.
• HLSL programming experience a big plus.
• Knowledge of physical based lighting systems and software based renderers such as Vray, Arnold o Prman preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Graphic Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.